Thursday, July 8, 2010

a BIRTHDAY PARTY day in the life of me...




Hello folks. Well even though this happened yesterday, it was just too much fun to not make it the theme of my post for today. My sister turned 25, yep the big 2-5! Where does time go? I don't know ... I mean one day I woke up and I was 26! Seriously?! Yep.
We decided to do her birthday dinner on a night that coincided with country dancing to just make it that much better. The restaurant for the evening was Magelbys - it was DELICIOUS.

Here are some fun pictures from the night and then I'll get to the real reason of why I am posting about this.

Okay, so background information is necessary in order for this to make sense. On Sunday I decided to just SEE if I could go one week, just 1, without any sugar. Now this does not mean fruit, ketchup, yogurt, etc. This just means the extra sugars like: brownies, cake, ice cream, chocolate, candy, etc. (ya know, the stuff you LOVE to eat). Well I told my darling roommate, Emily, about this and she decided to join me on my quest. After all - what is one week?! Sunday not bad, Monday not bad, Tuesday HARD (for both of us which was funny) but we hung in there, Wednesday .... did they seriously have to bring out that HUGE piece of cake for free?! and then drop off 8 forks so that we could all partake?! Emily and I just looked at each other in lament. The others were curious about our look, so we gave them the necessary background. Finally, we just looked at each other and I said "Em, you can have the night off." OH THANK YOU! was her reply. That's when Jared got involved, "No you can't have any. You can't have any sugar." To which Emily said, "Dang it Jared, I have made it three days and this woman is going to get cranky!" bahahahahahaha - love it!
Thanks for a super fun and yummy night ... now back to making it to Sunday
p.s. I'll have you know I barely ate any of it. Funny how some days without sugar make it lose its savor once you taste it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment