Friday, July 9, 2010

an ANNOUNCING A BIRTH day in the life of me...

Well let's just get this happiness over with. No, folks. I'm not expecting a child (weird, I know), but my darling friend Cecile Greene IS!!! This is going to be their first baby, I'm praying for a girl, and she is due in January 2011 :-) CONGRATS FRIEND! This is a happy, happy day.

In other news, last night my roommate Emily and I decided that we wanted to go for a bike ride. It was a beautiful night and just the kind that you don't want, under any circumstance, to spend cooped up in an apartment. Well, funny thing is, we don't own any bikes. So off we trot to my parents house. We have plenty of bikes - pretty much one for each child. Upon entering the garage we see 4 fine candidates. Next thing we know, none of the tires have air. Seriously?! Okay, no problem. I can fill tires up with air. Oh wait, the only pump within hand distance is for basketballs. Hum, that won't work out very well after all. Okay new plan, walk the bikes to Chevron and fill up there. Phew - thankfully that worked and the air is free there. (Neither one of us had our wallets). Off we trot to south Provo. It was such a fun ride. Some of my most favorite parts were

1. riding on the old highway and this huge truck pulling wave runners goes FLYING past me. Yeah the wind was a lot to handle
2. coming down off hills and letting gravity do my dirty work
3. stopping by to visit Josh and Veda
4. watching Emily get tree whopped by a branch and then having the same thing happen to me, because I was laughing too hard to notice
5. returning home safely at 10pm

Oh yeah! Great night for a bike ride (even if it did go longer than we originally planned).

No comments:

Post a Comment