Sunday, November 28, 2010

a SNOW day in the life of me ...

Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful. And since we've no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.... o.k.a.y

I went to sleep last night in 44 degree weather. It was cold, but not frigid. I should have known something was up Mother Nature's sleeve.

There I was, snug as a bug, in my bed at 8am this morning, when what do I hear? A lawn mower. A what? you might ask. A lawn mower. Now, I was just as puzzled as I'm sure you are as to why I would be hearing a lawn mower on a Sunday morning at the end of November, but nevertheless there was the unmistakable sound of the whir of a lawn mower. 5 minutes, 10 minutes 15 minutes and it was still outside my bedroom window. Honestly, there's not even enough grass to keep a lawn mower back there for 5 minutes, but okay. Who knows? Maybe he was just trying to be very thorough?! Finally I get out of bed. As I come into the living room my roommate, Amanda, is looking out the window, the blinds open. What?! It snowed! What?! It's not a lawn mower? It's a snow blower - bahahahhahahahahahahahahha. Looking out of my blinds 20 minutes ago would have solved a lot of problems. :-) Bring it on winter!



No comments:

Post a Comment