Sunday, November 21, 2010

a CHRISTMAS DECORATING day in the life of me...

Welcome to the s.n.o.w. I am so So SO happy that it has finally come! With the lovely snow that fell upon the earth yesterday, the incredible desire to set up Christmas decorations overcame me :-) I pulled out my box of stuff and away I went. I love this season: the music, the food, the family, the games, the sights, smells, snow, skiing, presents, love, joy, remembering Christ.
Welcome, welcome Christmas time!!!



Throw given to me by my friend Meghan - yes I do cuddle up in it during the Christmas season, as well as put it over the back of my couch.


This candle holder was given to me a number of years ago. I made a little addition to it this year by putting cranberries and cinnamon sticks in the bottom of it :-) Go me!!



A crystal bowl (me) full of purple ornaments (Meghan) accompanied by a
darling snowman (thanks Cecile)



Advent calendar given to me by my Mother!


Nativity given to me by Emily Stoddard, from the Dominican Republic. I bought the fabric and decided that I really like the accent that it gives!


Snowman tea light candle holder!



My darling friend Jill gave this to me for Christmas last year and let me tell you, it makes me smile!


It all fits so nicely on the counter top in our kitchen.
Wow! I'm feeling super blessed this year. I have darling friends that just know me so well and have put together a beautiful set of Christmas decorations to beautify my apartment! Yes, I realize Thanksgiving hasn't happened yet, but bring on CHRISTMAS -
deck the halls ....

3 comments:

  1. Oh Yeah! I love Christmas time . . . :) too. Can't wait to come over and see your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog today. So glad! I will be visiting frequently. How are you?! It's been so long! This is Megan Nielsen, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this makes me so happy! I have been STRUGGLING getting into the seasons this year, but it makes me feel better that a part of me (through gifts) is still celebrating! I guess that's what gifts are ultimately for! I am so grateful that you enjoy them!

    Thanks for sharing! Love ya lots! Merry Thanksgiving and a Happy Christmas! :O) Although, PUUUHHHLEEAAZZE let us see one another before that second one!

    ReplyDelete