Wednesday, April 20, 2011

a CALIFORNIA day in the life of me...

I just spent 9 wonderful days traveling throughout the western United States. It was my spring break and I lived it up ... as much as I could :-)
Friday, after work, I took off to St. George, UT to visit my grandma and grandpa Boshard. We spent a delightful evening with me telling them stories, them feeding me and us watching "Pillow Talk."

The next day it was an early "up and at ‘em" with grandpa making me a yummy breakfast and sending me on my way across the desert to California where my good friend, Cecile and her family live. They had their first baby a couple of months ago so it was a doubly good reason for me to go visit. I got to see her and then I also got to spend oodles of time with her BEAUTIFUL baby boy.



Isn't he darling?!

We went to dinner, shopping, watched movies and had a great time relaxing! On Saturday night I went with Cecile and her sister to a friend's birthday dinner. I first met this group of friends when I was 19 years old. It constantly amazes me how FAST time flies. wow!!



Me, Nico, Savannah, Cecile

Cecile teaches 12 year old girls on Sunday. It was so fun to remember what it was like to be a new Young Woman and to think that I was "so cool" and that "I knew everything." After seeing what she went through, I now realize that I knew nothing and I want to give a huge SHOUT OUT to my wonderful leaders who had the patience to deal with the 6 of us who were all in the same year. phew - talk about exhausting.

On Monday, Cecile had to go back to work, so I got to hang out with her baby :-) Actually in the afternoon I went to work with her husband. He works at a local Junior High. I was able to go and see how their special education department runs. Being a teacher is so funny, because when you see something going drastically WRONG you just want to jump in; well at least I did. However, I bit my tongue and just told myself that it's not my place. There are some darling students that junior high and every time I praised them, they lit up. Who knew?! It's a true principle - EVERYONE likes being praised!!! (just do it)

That next morning I was up and at it again quite early to make my way to Las Vegas. My good friend Meghan lives there with her husband and their, almost, 2 year old boy Camden. I am Camden’s “Fairy Godmother.” So, by default he has to love me. He did quite a good job of demonstrating that while I was there. He didn’t mind giving me hugs or sitting on my lap and to make sure that all of the attention was on him all of the time, he demonstrated how much energy he possessed when we went out! However, I must admit that since he’s so cute, he could totally get away with it.


me and Camden

I was there for just a few hours, but it was wonderful. I hadn’t seen them in four months, so we had plenty to catch up on and good laughs to have. I really am so grateful for such amazing friends! That night I found myself back in St. George. My family had come down for a convention in Vegas with my dad’s work. We met up and celebrated my birthday. We were originally going to celebrate it in Vegas, but meeting in St. George and sleeping at the grandparents seemed like a little bit better idea.


Stay tuned for Seattle!!








No comments:

Post a Comment