Friday, September 2, 2011

a FUNNY STORY day in the life of me...

OK, so I realize I haven't posted in a long time. I'm loving my job this year. Teaching History is just so much fun!! I'm enjoying planning History lessons and feeling incredibly stressed out trying to come up with fun ways to teach all the many different topics that I'm responsible for. I'm also the assistant cheer coach and that is proving to be a great learning experience.

I've had a few funny stories already come out of these darling students and just want to share a few of them. I realize writing something is never as funny as witnessing the actual event, so just use your imagination to fill in the gaps.

1) I was talking to my students about BYU basketball and how I just love Jimmer (I mean, who doesn't right!). They told me that he's always at Costa Vida, which just happens to be across the street. I went on to tell them that I'd love to meet Jimmer and that if they could guarantee him being at Costa we'd take a class field trip. They liked that idea, so we kept talking about him. The fact that he's engaged came up. One of my students asked me why I'd want to see him if he was engaged. I said, "Well ya know. I'd like to get his autograph or a hand shake or ... well you know I'd probably just hug him even though he is engaged."
***for those of you that don't know Jimmer is engaged to a BYU cheerleader
One of my very loyal students looked and me and said, "well I just hate cheerleaders." bahahahahahah - she just wanted me to be able to talk and interact with him - cute huh?!

2) Today I had asked multiple students to please stay on task. Most of them were having an INCREDIBLY difficult time with that. I had stated an expectation and then two seconds later a student asked a question that I had just answered. Student "A" pipped up and said "Gosh she just said that Use Your Brain." Well that wasn't nice so I gave him my best teacher stare. Oh he saw it, quieted down a little bit and then said "please" - just the tone he used would have been funny enough, but the fact that he didn't apologize and instead tried to make the yelling at another student seem OK by saying please made me laugh so hard.

3) I taught my students about the "International Date Line" today. One student, in the very back of the classroom popped his hand up as soon as I said those words and said, "Isn't that an online dating site." Oh my gosh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment