Thursday, June 30, 2011

a CATCH UP day in the life of me...

Wow! I can hardly believe a month has gone by since PHS ended for the summer. I looked at my blog and realized that I haven't written about any of the fun adventures I've had so far this summer. This will be a quick re-cap to catch everyone up.

I went to Les Miserables at the beginning of June with my parents and my sister! It was a beautiful production. That music is SO powerful.

I ran in the Dirty Dash with my friend Jill, her friends and relatives and my sister Jenny. It was a 5K in mud, dirt, freezing cold water, hay and slip-n-slides. It was hilarious and definitely an experience worth having! I was going for the cleanest face award, only to have that thwarted at the end by a huge mud lake that we had to wallow through.

My cousin, Cuyler, got married to the love of his life at the beginning of June. We did a family session, before their sealing, in the Manti temple. That was such a great experience. The followed their sealing with a fun, outdoor dinner. I love that valley - it is so beautiful and my cousin couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding day!!

I attended a technology and a English as a Second Language Conference - go me! hahaha.

I ran my first half marathon EVER! It was on June 11 at 6:00am! I ran it in 2 hours and 15 minutes!!! I can hardly believe it, but it's true. The best part was getting an hour long massage later that afternoon.

I began my summer job (for real). I had been working during spring term for BYU, but summer school began in the middle of June. I am a teacher mentor to two fabulous, soon to be, teachers. They each have 7 students, teach 3 subjects and are very good at what they do. I'm learning so much about me, my teaching style, my mentoring style and reflecting on WHY I went into teaching in the first place. It's at an elementary school and I have the 5th/6th graders in my classroom. During a class swap this week a little guy looked up at me and said "You are such a good teacher." Yes please!

Elder Parker turned 20 this month and Kelsey had her birthday! My friend Jeana had her anniversary and gave birth to their beautiful baby boy. My frieinds David Paxman, Jen Bloomfield Mooney and Katie Bloomfield Lemke as well as my cousin Stephanie Steiner Standing and friend Michelle Snyder Hunt had their anniversaries. Talk about a busy month!!!

I went to the Manti Pageant, attended a Parachute concert in SLC, have begun re-watching all of the Harry Potter's, went camping by Payson Lakes and LOVED it!

My goodness - my month has been full!!!
I hope you all have been having as much fun as I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment