Monday, February 28, 2011

a MILESTONE day in the life of me....

So, most of you know that I've been training for a half marathon. Well I did it! I finally broke the 5 mile mental block. I decided to not track miles, but just do time and guess what?!
I ran 5.86 miles in 54 minutes!!!!!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I did it and I did it with style!!!
On a different note. Today I was teaching my students about analogies and how they can compare items from two classes: example:
finch:sparrow::cow:horse
I was going through the answers with my students and after one of them gave me an answer, I turned to him to question his thought process. (Yes I like to play the devils advocate sometimes) He looked at me, before I could even open my mouth and said, "Just trust me. I'm a doctor!"
Oh. My. Gosh. I LOVE being a teacher.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl!!!! I am truly impressed... That's so great you are doing a half marathon! Good luck... the first 5 is the worst part anyway so you are totally golden, well except the last mile is pretty bad too but that's just mentally exhausting. you will rock it!

    ReplyDelete